TOTAL - EBO audit
Targeted search for energy savings in several petrochemical installations.
CEE audited 8 process units in the EBO (Energy agreement with the Flemish Government) CEE audited 8 process units in the EBO (Energie Beheers Overeenkomst- Energy agreement with the Flemish Government) framework. Typical savings implemented :
- Reduced energy consumption of 2 300kW H2 compressors used for hydrogenation, by adjusting compressor capacity to the feed.
- Reduced steam consumption of the H2S strippers by a modified control strategy.
- Higher heat recovery through deeper condensate cooling established by shifting the condensate level.
These interventions led to significant primary energy savings, CO2 emission and costs with a reduced number of mechanical modification of the installations.
- Indepth study of the installations and operations in collboration with the responsible Process Engineers
- Field research on the installations by means of specific measurements
- Brainstorming with the people in charge of the operations : operations, mechanical and electrical maintenance, engineering, process control and automation.
- Aspen simulation of the modifications with impact estimations
- Live testing on the installations of the modified process parameters
- Technical and financial study of the measures
- Support in the measurements implementation.
These projects have helped Total Raffinaderij Antwerpen to reduce its primary energy consumption by a several % on a yearly basis, to reduce its CO2 footprint and to reduce costs. Nothing but wins !